Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Tribute to Kathryn on this Mother's Day

I met Kathryn when John was just about 18 months old and she and I chased him around trying to get that perfect image that she so loved for her Christmas card. Through the following years, she not only became a loyal client but a loyal friend. Her listening ears were always available and her wisdom and kindness helped me to get through some not so good times. She was an incredible photographer and I was so lucky to have her help me with a wedding this past May. There are many warm thoughts that come to my mind when I think of Kathryn, but her "smiling eyes" let me know just how genuine and sincere of a person she was. She truly cared about all those around her. On this Mother's Day Weekend please say a prayer for her family that she loved so dearly...

web267

110

web187

web295

web155

web26

web268

web159

She touched so many people with her kindness and will be missed forever.




6 comments:

  1. It is so good to see her face again. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT'S OBVIOUS YOU REALLY KNEW OUR KATHRYN...I'M BETSY'S SISTER, JOHN'S AUNT AND I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR THIS BEAUTIFUL MEMORY OF OUR SWEET ANGEL. WE LOVE HER SO MUCH AND THIS IS A TREASURE TO KEEP...IT IS BREATH TAKING AS YOU CAN IMAGINE. THANK YOU, OBY WELLMAN DUPREE

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful pictures, Suzanne! I think about her every day and it was so good to see that smile again. I am so thankful that her family has these beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing! Lisa Raines

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzanne, I'm Sheri Calhoun's younger sister and earlier today at a memorial for Kathryn everyone was talking about how beautiful and full of life these photos were of her. She was an amazing person and I know that everyone appreciates this beautiful tribute to her. Thanks for sharing!
    Jessica Calhoun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzanne, I can't thank you enough for this wonderful tribute of my dear friend. Kathryn and I have been friends since we were 4, and I miss her terribly. I, too, am a photographer, and we always loved sharing everything about photography. These pictures are gorgeous, and I know she loved and admired you for all you did to capture these images. They will be cherished forever.
    Many thanks,
    Emily Followill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tribute! She looks like a wonderful person & so full of life!

    ReplyDelete